A Letter From The Philippines
“The project will raise and plant trees of the species Pittosporum Resineferum or Petroleum Nut for the following purposes:
- Provide a tree where farmers can harvest petroleum nut fruits which will be sources of sustainable petroleum for cooking, lighting, heating and running small engines
- Reforest idle deforested areas with petroleum nu so that these will serve as a carbon sink and other greenhouse gasses.
One hundred farm families will be involved in this project.
Community Support: The community will provide the following:
- Land for nursery establishment
- Labour for raising seedlings and saplings
- The communal forest where the trees will be planted
- Will carry out the tree planting activities and manage the communal forest
Total number of trees which will be planted: 100,000 trees
What types of trees will be planted? Pittosporum Resineferum
Purchasing Sapling or growing from seeds? We will gather seeds from the wild
Total project funding: $7,770″