“Project Name: Village Reforestation
Project Description: Planting of tamarind, coconut and acacia trees for food and firewood in the flood-prone rural village.
- To control erosion along irrigation canals.
- To have a source of fire woods for cooking foods.
- To establish the source of materials for livelihood projects.
- To have windbreaks during times of typhoons.
- As a sanctuary for birds, spiders and various beneficial organisms.
Community Support: Villagers, 3 schools, 9 churches & 2 farmer organizations and village legislation of tree planting project.
Council will implement ordinances, rules and regulations. We will organize a kick-start program and incorporate into our “feast day” as tree festival.
3,000 seedlings (transplanting ages) will be planted on Roadsides, along canals and house yards.”
The trees will be Fruit & firewood trees that withstand typhoons.